The first major Monster Hunter World Update has gone live. Here’s our quick and to-the-point patch notes for Title Update 2.0 on what has been changed and added.
PS4 & Xbox One: Update 2.0 Download Info
Released: PS4 & Xbox One: March 22, 2018 (UTC)
Required Space: PS4: 610 MB / Xbox One: 600 MB
If you don’t have any of the previous patches, this update will download all of them for you in one shot. The total download for all patches on both PS4 and Xbox One requires 1.4GB of free space to install, but the total download will be roughly 4.2GB.
New Monster & Special Assignment: Deviljho
Deviljho has been added along with new weapons for all 14 types, two armor sets: Vangis α and Vangis β, and a new specialized tool: the Dragonproof Mantle.
To learn more about Deviljho, such as how to find him and get the quest required to receive the new Mantle, view our full guide (with pictures).
Major/Minor Gameplay Changes & Additions
- Data processing has been optimized in an attempt to reduce the loading times.
- There’s a new feature that allows the host to kick players out of their online session.
- You can now choose to return to the Gathering Hub alone or with party after a quest.
- A new option to change the text size of subtitles has been added to the options menu.
- The Squad Session Search option was reworded to Create/Search for a Squad Session.
- Other players can no longer interrupt you during a carving animation in any way.
- The Scoutfly level gauge (for monster research) will now decrease at a slower rate.
- Game version numbers have been placed on the game’s title screen (2.0 for now).
Weapon Specific Gameplay Adjustments
Great Sword: Charged Slash attacks have received a damage increase.
Long Sword: Better input timing and hitbox detection for Foresight Slash.
Sword & Shield: Slinger is easier to use and Roundslash does more damage.
Hammer: The amount of stun for charged attacks has been altered.
Hunting Horn: Overall attack power has been increased.
Gunlance: Attack power has been boosted and sharpness will degrade slower.
Switch Axe: It should be easier to use the Zero Sum Discharge now.
Charge Blade: The Impact Phial and Power Element Phial are now balanced.
Insect Glaive: Extract buffs now last longer and attack power buff increased.
Lance: Made changes so it is easier to use.
Dual Blades: Demon Gauge should be easier to manage.
Bow: Bug fixes were made.
Light Bowgun: No changes.
Heavy Bowgun: No changes.
For more information, you can view the full patch notes on the official site.