Capcom has announced that along with the Deviljho DLC there will also be some minor and major weapon changes coming to almost all weapon types.
These tweaks are scheduled to go live on March 22 nd:
- Great Sword: increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities.
- Long Sword: improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection.
- Sword & Shield: Roundslash damage increased and improved slinger usability
- Dual Blades: adjustments to help maintain Demon Gauge active
- Hammer : adjusted the stun values on charged attacks
- Hunting Horn: general attack power increase
- Lance : Counter-thrust adjustment to increase ease of use
- Gunlance : Reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases
- Switch Axe: Zero Sum Discharge adjustments to increase ease of use
- Charge Blade: balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial
- Insect Glaive: improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length
- Bow : fixed various bugs
- Light Bowgun: no adjustments were made
- Heavy Bowgun: no adjustments were made
In addition, some more gameplay changes are set to take effect during this update. Here they are:
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest has been completed.
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
If any more details on these adjustments are released, we’ll keep you informed. You can also expect the full patch notes to be posted here on MHWHub once we have them.